How close do we come to being mad every day ?
That particular feeling you get when you see something and wonder what will happen if you do something crazy.
Didn't get me ? Suppose you're home after a busy day and you decided to relax with a cup of coffee, just when you sit down you see a set of beautiful ceramic tea cups and you wonder “what would happen if I threw them on the floor ?”.
Mind you, I'm not accusing you (or anyone) that they want to destroy things but some things have been forbidden since you were five and not long after you start wondering 'What would happen if I just did that !'.
That kind of thing (contrary to popular and well propagated beliefs) is common among people.
I had my first experience (ahem …. don't call a psychiatrist) just before writing an exam. I was waiting for the exam to begin when a thought surfaced 'what would happen if I just skipped everything ? Suppose I calmly walk out ?'. I did want to write the exam and was prepared but it was so novel, so surreal that you wonder if it's even possible. It is little like having a pyramid in you backyard and never noticing it till now. After that most people I asked recounted having similar experiences (more wild tough).
No comments:
Post a Comment